RNA decomtamination solution

Nick Theodorakis nick_theodorakis at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 31 22:12:40 EST 2004

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:16:55 +0100, "Neil Horner"
<n.horner at abdn.ac.uk> wrote:

>Hi
>
>Does anyone know what is in the RNA decontamination solutions currently on
>the market, such as BD biosciences RNA Blaster or Ambion's RNA zap.

I don't know those particular products, but just to clarify: are you
trying to get rid of RNA, or get rid of contaminants that may
interfere with RNA purification/analysis? If the former, RNA is very
base-labile, so getting rid of it is no problem with NaOH or something
similar.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis