Spermidine

redeamer alion85 at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 5 18:33:28 EST 2004

Michael Witty <mw132 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message news:<Pine.SGI.4.33.0405121225580.85136464-100000 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk>...
> Dear All,
> spermidine is supposed to be unstable, but I wonder how if can tell if
> mine has gone off?  It is part of my DNA precipitation recipe and my DNA
> dissappears from solution and reapears when I add a low salt buffer.  Just
> curious reallyl.
> Mike.

Hi Guys! and Girls!

The thing you see as a PELLET is ACTUALLY (PYRO)PHOSPHATE INSOLUBLE
SALT --> NOT rna, NOT spermidine....

Just centrifuge the reaction and take the supernatant (which is
transparent).. Its your RNA ---> keep it, use it, and ROCK it!:)

Or... you can add PYROPHOSPHATASE that will hydrolize the
PYROPHOSPHATE and you will in theory see no precipitate:)

But the centrifugation variant is very OK!

So dont worry ---> Be HAPPY :)

--> Drew