TUNEL reaction in paraffin sections

moriah.nickerson at tufts.edu moriah.nickerson at tufts.edu
Tue Jun 15 16:05:21 EST 2004

I am a first year graduate student who is interested in the development of the dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra.  I have been trying to use paraffin-embedded sections to look at apoptotic events in the substantia nigra in early postnatal development.  I have had inconsistant results with a high amount of background signal.  I have tried a few methods and was hoping to get more suggestions.  Does anyone have a good working protocol for TUNEL staining with paraffin sections?
Thank you!
Moriah

http://biowww.net/mynews/tree.php?group_name=bionet_molbio_methds-reagnts&begin=0