Sequencing stops at unexpected point!

Rafael Maldonado not-this at not-this.com
Wed Jun 30 13:29:12 EST 2004

Hello all,

Maybe is a FAQ, but there it goes: We have got a point were sequencing
stops at an unexpected point. We are using ABI PRISM 310 and the ABI kit
to sequence regular plasmids isolated from coli. First time the
technician thought we had sent a PCR product! There is a region where
are some His codon repeats, but nothing really evident to stop the
polymerase. Have any of you experienced similar results? Is there a way
to go thru that unsequencable region? Thanks

--
Rafael Maldonado, Ph. D.
Division of Genetics