Strange size of pET-22b expression product

Wolfgang Schechinger hubahopp at
Tue Mar 2 18:18:12 EST 2004

easiest probaly is to transfect a mutated construct that is not cleaved but
has chemically similar amino acids at the modified cleavage site. (unless
you have a MALDI-TOF at your hands where you could analyze the purified
band of question)

 What would be the
>easiest way to check if it has really been cleaved or not? So far I haven't
>been able to find an antibody, or a peptidase to use, and with the larger
>extracellular constructs the size difference is a bit small to be reliably
>checked in SDS-PAGE.

Wolfgang Schechinger