Plasmid drawing/analysis programs (Mac OSX)

Ian A. York iayork at panix.com
Fri Mar 5 11:57:04 EST 2004

I'm getting tired of firing up Classic on my computer whenever I want to
draw a plasmid map or run restriction analysis.  What programs have people
found useful for molecular biology on OS-X?

90% of my needs would be plasmid maps, and restriction digests, and
DNA->protein translation.  I use on-line tools for primer design, homology
analysis, and so on, but if there are programs that include that sort of
thing we should look into it.  In other words, we really need a minimal
program, but so long as we're upgrading we're open to the idea of getting
a more comprehensive suite.

Ian