How to reduce/prevent binding to plastics in phage or flagellar display?

ChenHA hzhen at freeuk.com
Fri Mar 5 19:55:00 EST 2004

I inherited a project on phage/flagellar display screening for
peptides which can bind the protein I'm working on.  However, it was
found by my predecessor that there were large number of false
positives from binding to the plastics.   I'd be interested to know
from people who have experience in this how this plastic-binding
behaviour can be reduced or prevented - e.g. what other material can
you use, what protocols there are that can help with this problem,
etc.

The system that was used was Flitrx from Invitrogen, but I would also
be interested to know how other systems/kits perform.  Any information
would be appreciated.