proteinG-antibody-antigen

Fandango nospam at nospam.com
Sun Mar 7 04:47:03 EST 2004

Dear Colleagues
I have a sandwich consisting of proteinG-antibody-antigen (on the surface of
a cell). I want to get rid of the antigen from this sandwich but still have
the ProteinG-antibody binding. Is there any suggestions on how to do this?
How strong is a ProteinG-IgG binding, compared to an average
antibody-antigen binding (I know this is very dependant on the affinity of
the antibody, but maybe someone knows the affinity of proteinG-antibody).
Maybe I could remove the cell bound antigen by shear stress? pH change?
salinity change?
Thank you for the input

AES