Plasmid drawing/analysis programs (Mac OSX)

A.J.Cann nna at nospam.le.ac.uk
Mon Mar 8 06:59:44 EST 2004

In article <c2abh0$369$1 at reader2.panix.com>,
 iayork at panix.com (Ian A. York) wrote:

> I'm getting tired of firing up Classic on my computer whenever I want to
> draw a plasmid map or run restriction analysis.  What programs have people
> found useful for molecular biology on OS-X?
>
> 90% of my needs would be plasmid maps, and restriction digests, and
> DNA->protein translation.  I use on-line tools for primer design, homology
> analysis, and so on, but if there are programs that include that sort of
> thing we should look into it.  In other words, we really need a minimal
> program, but so long as we're upgrading we're open to the idea of getting
> a more comprehensive suite.
>
> Ian

DNA Strider 1.4 for OSX is now available from:

Christian Marck
Laboratoire de Transcription des Genes
Service de Biochimie et de Genetique Moleculaire
Bat 144, CEA/Saclay
91191  Gif-sur-Yvette  CEDEX
FRANCE

marck at jonas.saclay.cea.fr

--
Dr Alan J. Cann,  Department of Microbiology & Immunology,
University of Leicester,  P.O. Box 138,  Medical Sciences Building,