stable transfection of balb/c 3T3

paenutella paenutella at
Sat Mar 13 08:06:25 EST 2004

I usually use  final concentration of 0,5 mg/ml, changing medium every 3/4
days.You usually get a clone after 10/15 days, depending on what you
Anyway, use always a negative control of the G418 batch.

<fionsin at> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:20040310041656.31928.qmail at
> Dear all,
> I'm going to do a stable transfection on balb/c 3T3 by using
electroporation. Now, I'm testing the amount of G418 needed to kill the
cells. I tried G418 concentration ranged from 200ug/ml to 1000ug/ml but the
cells do not start to die (It's already the 10th day after G418 addition). I
maintain the cells in a density of 50% full and the medium(with drug) is
refreshed every 2 days. Can anyone help me?