storing RdRp at -20C

redeamer alion85 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 14 08:57:06 EST 2004

Hi guys!

in a few days i am up to control my RNA dependent RNA polymerase for
its activity, i have dialyzed it against Tris-based buffer, 50%
glycerol, 1mM EDTA,
1mM DTT, 0,01% TritonX-100, 50mM NaCl(may be ive skipped
something)...and i put a 5mM MgCl2.. i know that EDTA will chelate
some 2mM of my MgCl2, and i know that in general PCR we should add
MgCl2 (that is discrete)to DNA polymerases..

My question is whether anybody of You knows is it critical for
maintaining an active RdRp to store it with a Mg2++ or otherwise? Or
its very personal for each particular RdRp, as one could suppose?

Thanx in advance!

-----Drew