mRNA level and protein level correlation?

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Thu Mar 18 11:41:57 EST 2004

More often than not, one can hardly correlate transcript levels with proteins
produced simply because transcription in eukaryotes is not linked either
physically (spatially) or temporally to translation.  Protein levels may also
be controlled post-transcriptionally according to the system's needs and also
according to the "feed-stock" available.  These factors need to be addressed
through independent experiments.

--
Hiranya S. Roychowdhury, Ph.D.
Coll. Asst. Professor,