ultra cold freezer recommendations

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 23 13:15:48 EST 2004

I'll be purchasing a -80 freezer in the near future.  I'm interested
in an approx 20 cubic foot upright, fairly bare bones unit.  I'd be
interested in any input about what might be "the best" model to get.
For me (well probably for anybody) the most important factor is
reliability.  Right now, I think top contenders in my mind are Revco
(is Kendro essentially the same?) and So-Low, mostly because these
are brands I'm familiar with.  Anybody have any useful advice on this
subject?

Thanks,
Mike Sullivan
--