ELISA with cell lysates?

Peter Frank peter_frankde at yahoo.de
Mon Mar 29 10:03:50 EST 2004

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum wrote:
> Peter Frank wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have any experience with the use of ELISAs in combination
> > with cell lysates? Or can anyone give me any references where ELISAs
> > have been used for quantitating proteins in cell lysates?
>
> Have you considered doing dot blots instead? That way you can remove any
> interference and quantitation is much more reliable.

I have done ordinary quantitative Western blots in replicates but I
assumed ELISAs to provide me with more accurate and precise results.

Would dot blots give even better results than ordinary quantitative
Western blots in replicates? I have never done protein dot blots
before, only performed cDNA dot blots so far.

Peter