FW: AFLP

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Tue May 11 13:23:03 EST 2004

Hi
There are a lot of things that might be happening.

If you are using a capillary electrophoresis, There are always a lot of
peaks that run through the capillary very early - these are excess
primers.  My gut instinct says that there is something happening with
your primers.

Are you sure this is 75 "BASE PAIR"?  On my machine, the raw data from a
run comes out on a time scale - so the x axis does not get converted
into "base pairs" until you assign a start point for the analysis.

 And the software will sometimes switch the SCALE of your graph (both
the x and y axes).  When viewing 2 different samples, make sure you are
comparing them at the same scale.

Hope this brings some insight.  If I knew more about your set-up I may
be able to help some more.
Dee Bell