Biorad Bradford Assay

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Thu May 13 10:21:35 EST 2004

Hi OK
Several years ago, we ran into some problems with protein quantitation
for westerns &   2-D work.  As I recall - we found that the Bradford
assay  was not compatible with detergents.  So we switched to another
BioRad assay based on the Lowry method - they call it the "DC" protein
assay.  This assay is compatible with detergents.   There is also a
modification (treatment with iodoacetamide) for use with samples
containing dithiothreitol or 2-mercaptoethanol.

HTH
Dee Bell