detaching cells but leaving matrix behind

jg374 at cam.ac.uk jg374 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Fri May 21 07:52:42 EST 2004

I was given a protocol to detach some CHO cells from the flask so as to
leave the matrix behind, It was 15min at 37 with PBS(Ca/Mg free) + 5mM
EDTA and 5mM EGTA and proteinase inhibitors. However this solution totally
fails to detach more than 30% of the cells even if I leave it for 30 mins
and give the flask a good bashing.  Any ideas how I can improve it's
efficiency without affecting the matrix, which I want to solubilize in
sample buffer?