solutions to storage oligonucleotides

fabio fabio at fabius.it
Wed Nov 3 18:12:36 EST 2004

D.K. wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 16:08:30 +0100, fabio <fabio at fabius.it> wrote:
>

>>Usualy I stored primers in water (sterilezed or depc treated if for RT)
>>at -20 °C;
>>but i'm reading (on the tecnical scheet of Invitrogen) that the best

Thanks to all, so Tris-HCl or TE pH 8 are better than only water, now I
'm persuaded, but before closed the thread I have one further doubt:
becouse my routine PCRs are usualy RT-PCR and someone is of the type
one-step, I used to prefer water RNAse free (becouse treated with DEPC
and auocaved two times -two to be sure of destroy all DEPC), but I know
that DEPC demage Tris and, in the other hand the DEPC change the pH of
water if I remeber well, and the change is added to the one of the resin
"milli-Q" in the direction of acidity.
Work well without DEPC, even if good, isn't a garanty to don't have
RNAase, but maybe there are not choice.
What is your opinion?

Thanks again to all for your help.