Electroporation verification with TO-TO-3?

Aniruddh Sarkar aniruddh_sarkar at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 20:52:22 EST 2004

Hello,

Has anyone here tried the above, that is, tried to verify
electroporation of mammalian cells using any of the YOYO/TOTO series
of dyes from Molecular Probes?

Are they membrane-impermeant enough to be used for this? Also once
inside the cell would the dye reach the nucleus/DNA in all the cells
so as to show fluorescence in all cells that take up the dye?

Finally, ofcourse, it would be great if somebody could give me any
information/pointers as to what concentration of this dye I can begin
with!

By the way, my application is the testing of a microchip-based
electroporation system that we have made.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,
Aniruddh

Research Associate