Purification of Genomic DNA

Rolands Aravindan aravind at charter.net
Wed Nov 10 03:41:23 EST 2004

"Samantha" <s017244 at cuhk.edu.hk> wrote in message news:<cmqgf0$1sbu$1 at justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk>...
> hi everyone
>
> i want to purify genomic dna and i tried to search some protocols on the
> web. but most of the protocols are for purification of dna. i am not sure if
> i can simply use those protocols. at the same time, i tried to use the
> traditional method of my lab, but it seemed it didnt work. do you guys have
> any protocols specific for purification of genomic dna? thanks
>
> sam

Sam, Qiagen has a rather simple kit (with a overnight incubation step
with proteinase K, however) for the purification of genomic DNA that
has worked wonderfully for us in the past, especially for PCR
applications. All the best.

Rolands Aravindan
aravind at NOSPAMcharter.net
(Remove "NOSPAM" to reply)