AP1 luciferase reporter...

Daniel O'Toole daniel.otoole at ucd.ie
Wed Nov 10 09:41:02 EST 2004

Hi all,
I was wondering if anybody has any experience of using AP1-luciferase
reporter plasmids. I've been trying to get Clontech and Stratagene
ones to work.
The Clontech one seems to give hardly any signal and only a few fold
induction by MEKK. There's the opposite porblem with the Stratagene,
which seems to be activated maximally by serum in the medium. I've
tried using serum free (eg Optimem) but then I have trouble inducing
the signal again.
Basically, I'm assuming I can get IL-1 or LPS or something to activate
AP1 (not just MEKK), but I can't seem to get either AP1 reporter to
measure this. Any suggestions?
Thanks