Obtaining Bb-PEG 6000

Wolfgang Schechinger hubahopp at gmx.de
Mon Nov 22 15:00:57 EST 2004

Dear Diane,

is it just a mix or ist this covalently linked stuff?

Bb, if you are talking about the DNA AT grooving fluo-dye, is H (Hoechst)
33258 and should be available from Sigma or from MP. When you show the
structure that you'll find at
http://www.probes.com/servlets/structure?item=1398 to a chemist, (s)he
might be able to devise a procedure to do the coupling by yourself. If you
want to retain the fluorescence, there is not much possibility, you'll have
to link one of the imino groups to the hydroxyls from PEG as you'll kill
the chromogenic push-pull system by touching the phenolic OH. You should
find hints on the howtos in one of the papers by Roffler-S from Academia
Sinica in Taiwan where he describes the coupling of PEG to immunoenzymes.

Best regards,

Wolfgang

At 23:06 18.11.2004 -0000, you wrote:

>bisbenzimide-PEG 6000 (Hanse Analytik GmbH, Bremen, Germany) per
>
>I tried to obtain Bb-PEG from Hanse Analytik (now owned by GeneScan) to
>no avail, they no longer offer it to the public.
>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
>Deanne Bell
>USDA   Agricultural Research Service
>Crop Diseases, Pests & Genetics
>9611 South Riverbend Avenue, Parlier, CA 93648
>office(559) 596-2806              fax (559) 596-2791
>mailto:dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
>~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
>---

Wolfgang Schechinger, PhD (Dr. rer. nat.)
Chemistry and Life Sciences

BGFA XU44
Med Clinic I / Endocrine Research
University Hospital "Bergmannsheil"