Ergonomic pipettors

Oliver De Peyer opeyer at nimr.mrc.ac.uk
Tue Oct 5 10:32:49 EST 2004

Wow! Sounds like you hated the Ovation!
On the other hand, I'm willing to give the larger volume version (if it
exists and if I can find it) a longer look. With a 10ml or 20ml pipette
with a conventional pump on top (e.g Pipetboy), you really have to reach
high above you to get it in and out of a bottle. The unit I remember
seeing (unless I just confused it with the Ovation) had an Ovation-style
grip and then a bent feed going up to a conventional 10ml or 25ml
disposable plastic pipet. That way, the hand held unit wasn't at the top
of the pipette and you didn't need such a lot of vertical clearance (good
for access in hoods, etc.)

Oliver