FastPlasmid Mini kit (Eppendorf)

Brian Greuel bgreuel at jbu.edu
Mon Oct 11 11:48:10 EST 2004

Have any of you tried the FastPlasmid Mini kit offered by Eppendorf
for preparing plasmid minipreps?  It purports to utilize a single
solution to resuspend, lyse, and neutralize bacterial cells, making
the process of preparing plasmid minipreps considerably faster.  An
Application Note published in the September 2004 issue of American
Biotechnology Laboratory describes this product.  According to the
article, the quality of the plasmids produced with this kit is high
enough to get excellent results with restriction digests and cycle
sequencing.  Just a disclaimer -- I have no connection with this
company whatsoever.  I'm simply inquiring as to whether people's
experience with this product lives up to the claims.

On a related note, does anyone have any tried and true recipes for
home-made solutions used in a single-step plasmid prep protocol?