Western blot

Wolfgang Schechinger hubahopp at gmx.de
Mon Oct 25 04:36:19 EST 2004

Hm - what about CREB and Phospho-CREB?

If you want positive controls, they are most suitable. You might have a
cell line stably overexpressing CREB, so you could treat one dish with
vanadate / fluoride for some time before lysing it and another one with a
suitable phosphatase (CIP/SAP?) after lysing it.

best regards, Wo

At 17:55 24.10.2004 +0100, Andrea Bari wrote:
>What protein can i use as load control in blots using ANTI-CREB and
>ANTI-PHOSPHO CREB ?
>I need a protein that do not varies in response to drug treatment (morphine,
>amphetamine) and that is between 70 and 50 kDA or 30 and 40 kDA
>Thanks
>

>---

Wolfgang Schechinger, PhD (Dr. rer. nat.)
Chemistry and Life Sciences

BGFA XU44
Med Clinic I / Endocrine Research
University Hospital "Bergmannsheil"