How do I sterilize tiny volumes of solutions?

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 29 09:55:50 EST 2004

Perhaps you can use a solvent that will act to
sterilize as well.  For example, for plant tissue
culture, my lab often uses 100% DMSO or ethanol
as the solvent to make hormone solutions.
Usually, after these are added to the media, the
solvent is present at less than 0.2%. We have had
no contamination problems doing it this way.

Hope this helps.

Mike Sullivan

--

Michael L. Sullivan, Ph.D