Automatic DNA Seqencer - which one is better?

Zach zachnilsen at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 20:09:51 EST 2004

We have the ABI 377 sequencer and it's a pain to use.  I would not
recommend this outdated technology to anyone.

Shortly, I'm going to use the 16 capillary ABI 3100 that is available
in the lab across the hall.  Fellow students say that it requires
minimal effort to get great sequences without going through the pain
to cast gels and load samples manually.  There is no well-to-well
leakage, because each sample runs in a separate capillary.

Zach