Dot blotting lipids

Kyle Legate legatek at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 11:45:32 EST 2004

"Mad Mat" <hauwelm at minitel.net> wrote in message
news:8b3b7dbe.0409090045.7715a571 at posting.google.com...
> Dear all,
> I want to do a dot blot with lipids (phosphoinositides), what kind of
> membrane shall I use ? I am also wondering whether the conventional
> cell lysate preparation for Western blot will work (1% triton X100) or
> do I need to use very stringent detergents at high concentration ?

Will adsorbing it to a TLC matrix work? PI(P, P2, P3) are separated using a
plate of silica gel impregnated with 1% Na oxalate, so this will retain the
lipids. Richard Anderson has a methods paper that would give more details
than I can remember right now.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=10427556