dextran sulfate

Carlo Fasano fasanoc at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 14 09:17:58 EST 2004

Hi,
Iuse dextran sulfate at 5 micrograms/ml to cure for 7 days cells in
culture that stably express the scapie form of prion protein. Then I
extract RNA and I'd do an rt-pcr with this RNA. Until now the rt-pcr
with this samples doesn't work. Now I discover this drugs was used to
cure HIV-1 virus so may be Dextran Sulfate inhibites rt-polymerase or
it does something else. Anyone know how the dextran sulfate works?
What it does? Could suggest me how to skip to this problem?
Thanks,
Carlo

Carlo Fasano, PhD Student
Intitute Pasteur