western blot question

taskan4 taskan4 at yahoo.es
Fri Apr 1 13:58:36 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

Most people seem to use (and most vendors sell)
POD-labelled secondary antibodies in their western
blots, and then develop with ECL or similar reagents.
BUT, I would like to buy an AP-labelled secondary
antibody so I can use the chemolumiscent substrate
CDP-star we already have at the lab. The system should
work at about the same efficiency as the POD-ECL
system, since It works very well in southern/northern
blots.

So, why are the POD conjugates so popular? Is it just
lab traditions, or am I missing something?
Has anybody tried AP-conjugates + CDP-star?