Ethidium bromide decontamination

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Mon Aug 1 12:58:05 EST 2005

Try this site for chemical and adsorption ideas for EtBr
decontamination:

http://www.biology.ualberta.ca/facilities/safety/?Page=1431&Print=Yes

I have used the Schleicher & Schuell filter extractors - they work great
when you EtBr is in water but the salts in a buffer will clog them up
pretty fast.
hope this helps
Deanne Bell
USDA Agricultural Research Service