suggestions for new PAGE apparatus

Bean Long ben.long at yourfinger.anu.edu.au
Wed Aug 3 19:07:37 EST 2005

It may not suit but I would suggest precast gels.  Saves heaps on time and
grief.  We use Invitrogen precast NuPAGE gels and run them in an old Hoefer
rig which uses very little buffer.  No complaints after close to 100 gels so
far.

I know that BioRad also have their Criterion range of pre-casts and we have
one of their rigs but the gels are to big for our use.  The have something
like a minimum of 18 lanes (I could be wrong here) and we can't find the
samples to fill them.  Nonetheless, they would certainly suit particular
applications.

Best of luck,
--
Bean

Remove "yourfinger" before replying

"Dr. James J. Campanella" <campanellj at mail.montclair.edu> wrote in message
news:mailman.263.1123099486.29381.methods at net.bio.net...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am in the market to buy a new PAGE set-up. I refuse to buy Biorad again.
> I have been burnt by their low quality equipment before. We have begun
> pouring a large number of gels, and  I am sick of wasting half my time
time
> trying to keep the casting system from leaking even as I'm pouring my gel.
> There has to be something better out there than Biorad. I would like
> recommendations on which company's apparatus will allow me to pour my
PAGEs