RNA kits

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Fri Aug 12 10:20:15 EST 2005

I Deanne,  Although I have never before used any kit for RNA isolation, I have
bought the Qiagen's kit for plants.  I am very impressed with their DNA
isolation kit (albeit as a final purification step), and so have decided to use
theirs first.

No matter which kit one uses, it is always a choice between quality and
quantity.  The latter, for RNA, of course trumps any other consideration.

Hiranya

--
Hiranya S. Roychowdhury, Ph.D.
Coll. Asst. Professor,