Starch gel

Jayakumar, R R.Jayakumar at
Wed Dec 21 17:13:05 EST 2005

Dear Agarwal
   Why do you bother about doing starch gels.  About 10 years back, I performed several isozyme analyses for plant peroxidases, esterases, using native PAGE gels (no SDS anywhere).  It worked out excellently.  Try using PAGE gels to overcome your problems.
   bye and best of luck
Jayakumar R. nair
Dept. of Cancer Genetics
Roswell park Cancer Institute
Buffalo NY 14263

-----Original Message-----
From: methods-bounces at
[mailto:methods-bounces at]On Behalf Of vijayendra
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 12:36 PM
To: Methods at
Subject: Starch gel

Dear all,
I am doing Starch gel electrophoresis in my lab for isozymis analysis
of plant peroxidase. But the problem i am facing is my gel doesnot get
I am using 0.3 M TBE buffer to prepare the gel.

Could anyone please suggest me what to do with this stuff?

Vijayendra Agrawal
Maitidevi, Kathmandu

Methods mailing list
Methods at