Induction of heat shock response in E.coli - aromatic compounds

Trond Erik Vee Aune trondaun at biotech.REMOVETHISBEFOREREPLYING.ntnu.no
Fri Feb 4 06:56:22 EST 2005

Dear netters,

I've heard that aromatic compounds, like toluene, is able to induce the
heat shock response in E.coli, but I'm not able to find a reference that
substantiates this claim. Can any of you help me?

Best regards,
Trond Erik

--
Trond Erik Vee Aune
Department of Biotechnology

- Must be sad being a dyslectic, agnostic insomniac, lying
   awake during the night, wondering if there really is a dog