Urgent request: BME required for RNA isolation?

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Mon Feb 7 12:54:18 EST 2005

I would definitely add the BME as soon as possible.
BME maintains a reduced environment preventing oxidation.  You probably
nitice a lot of browning in your pellets.  You may be able to clean up
your prep with a few alcohol precipitations.  But your RNA is probably
compromised.

You should try an RT-PCR with 'good' RNA and compare it to your RNA.
But my gut instinct is to tell you to do those 60 samples over again
with the BME.

Deanne Bell