Protease recognition sites

Wofo novalidaddress at nurfuerspam.de
Thu Feb 10 16:46:23 EST 2005

Dear Nick,

Factor Xa curently is my first preference, but it really seems that there
is no more or less common protease that cleaves *before* its recognition
sequence. As I need the engineered and purified protein for screening
purposes, I want the His-tag *and* the complete added protease site to be
removed.

Thanks and best regards,

Wolfgang

At 22:27 10.02.2005, you wrote:
>Wofo wrote:
> > Dear colleagues,
> >
> > are there any proteases that recognize a 4 or 5 AA sequence and cut
>before
> > or after the first of these  amino acids? Of course, this protease
>should
> > be commercially available etc etc etc.
> >

>One example is Factor Xa, which is commercially available; some
>expression vectors have the recognition site built in.
>
>A little googling found these pages, which may be helpful:
>
><http://stevens.scripps.edu/webpage/htsb/cleavage.html>
>
><http://www.embl-heidelberg.de/ExternalInfo/geerlof/draft_frames/flowchart/clo_vector/proteases.html>

*^_^*

---