basic PCR question

Dr.BoPoWoFo novalidaddress at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Jul 12 17:29:16 EST 2005

Dear Sarah,

basically, there is nothing special except that you should choose a "good"
RT enzyme which has enough performance for such long fragments (MMLV is a
good choice if i remember correctly - you also might check AMV) and then
for the PCR make sure you have enough extension time for the fragment. For
Taq, 1 min should be enough but for proofreading Polymerases, you will need
approx 5 mins.

Best of results,

Wo

At 10:30 12.07.2005, Sarah LaMere wrote:
>I'm wanting to amplify a 4 kb fragment using rtPCR, and I'm just wondering
>what are the best PCR conditions and/or reagents people have found to
>use?  I know it's a very basic question, but I've never attempted to
>amplify a fragment that size with rtPCR, so I just want to get a decent
>idea of the best way to go about it.
>
>Thanks!
>Sarah

Wolfgang Schechinger, Dr. rer. nat.
Med Clinic I, Endocrine Research Lab
Bochum University Hospital "Bergmannsheil"
- the world's first casualty hospital for miners and steel workes -
Germany

*^_^*

please reply to the group, the email address ends in auto trash
due to overwhelming spam caused by email harvesters