basic PCR question

GysdeJongh jongh711 at
Wed Jul 13 19:11:45 EST 2005

"Sarah LaMere" <sahlamere at> wrote in message
news:mailman.107.1121185568.29381.methods at

I'm wanting to amplify a 4 kb fragment using rtPCR, and I'm just wondering what
are the best PCR conditions and/or reagents people have found to use?  I know
it's a very basic question, but I've never attempted to amplify a fragment that
size with rtPCR, so I just want to get a decent idea of the best way to go about

I just tried the new Superscript III from Invitrogen.
The enzyme works at higher temp so will read through more difficult templates
and produce longer transcripts. For me it worked at 10 kb.
No aff with Invitrogen