basic cloning question

Sarah LaMere sahlamere at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 26 22:03:14 EST 2005

OK, so you guys helped me amplify my 4 kb fragment from cDNA.  Now I just need to clone it, and it's not cooperating.

I'm using Elongase to amplify my product, which includes a proofreading enzyme.  I've been adding A overhangs to my gel product (purified with a millipore kit) and then cloning using the Invitrogen topo TA cloning kit.  It's basically just not working.  Any suggestions for cloning large inserts?

Thanks again,
Sarah