[Methods-and-reagents] RE: Commercial Premade SDS protein gels

Deanne Bell dbell at fresno.ars.usda.gov
Tue Jun 7 12:52:19 EST 2005

My teaching philosophy is to have the students making & pouring their
own gels as part of the practical!
I believe that they should also be making their own buffers - teacher
supplies the recipes (i.e. 375 mM Tris.HCl, pH 8.8, 0.1% SDS)  but they
need to have experience practically mauvering in a lab.

that's my 2 cents worth, be it ever so humble
Deanne Bell