[Methods-and-reagents] a website with all details on uses and applications of reagents and other chemicals in biology research.

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Wed Jun 22 08:45:11 EST 2005

That is indeed a very unusual quest, especially since almost every reagent that
you may find listed in a catalog from Sigma or elsewhere would have multiple
uses. For instance, even the very common salt is used in different applications
for different purposes.  Nonetheless, it is always the inherent property of the
"chemical" that is of significance. If you have the time, I may suggest that
you simply search the various electronic databases (eg. Sci Citation index,
Chemical Abstracts, Agricola, etc.) with each compound as the keyword. You may
even "google" them (since you asked about websites).  The EPA, OSHA, etc., list
chemicals and their hazards (with some uses) [http://www.epa.gov/epahome/
resource.htm].