[Methods-and-reagents] Re: pMS119EH map and sequence

Jerry M. jerrym_1995 at yahoo.fr
Thu Jun 23 06:30:17 EST 2005

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:43:23 -0500, "Jennifer L. DuBois"
<jdubois at nd.edu> wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I have precisely the same question as someone posed back in 1994. I am looking
>for a sequence and map of plasmid pMS119EH, based on pJF119EH by Furste et al.
>Does anyone know where such information can be obtained?

Hi Jen,

pMS119EH is simply a NruI-NdeI deletion in pJF119EH (Strack et al.
1992 J.Biol.Chem. 267:13062-13072). This paper is freely available
(http://tinyurl.com/7s4ol).

pJF119EH, as you know, is fully described in Furste et al, with maps
(of the very similar parental plasmid pJF118EH) and all.

To the best of my knowledge, nobody has ever assembled the resulting
deduced sequences, but this should be relatively straightforward to
do.

Good luck,

  JM