[Methods-and-reagents] Re: sizing DNA fragments Macintosh

Kevin M Jude kjude at mail2.sas.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 28 20:44:51 EST 2005

It can be done with any plotting software; prepare a standard curve and
see where your bands fall.  Migration rate increases logarithmically with
decreasing size.

kmj

Thomas Isenbarger (isen at plantpath.wisc.edu) wrote:
: I am looking for some software to size DNA bands on a gel (input
: standard sizes and migration distances, then input distances of unknowns
: and return to me the MW of the fragments).

: is there any OS X software out there that does this?

: what about a unix command line tool (to use through terminal)?

: it seems there are quite a few for OS 9, hypercard stacks, some DOS and
: windows apps, but no up-to-date apps to do this on os x

: thanks,
: tom isenbarger