Microarray problem with switching dyes

GysdeJongh jongh711 at planet.nl
Wed Mar 9 20:41:57 EST 2005

Hi,
there are a lot of reasons why the Cy5 signal can differ from the Cy3 signal.
They have different quantum eff. for a start. One of your reactive dyes maybe
off. There maybe too much ozone in the air which affects Cy5 more than Cy3. I
think that there is very little chance that it has something to do with your
scanner. The Axon scanner we use comes with a piece of fluorescent material to
calibrate the two channels , maybe you can obtain that from Axon . You can buy
Cy labelled random nonamers to check quickly both the scanner and the
microarray.There will always be a difference in the two channels for the mean of
the fluorescence which is usually taken care off by propper normalisation.

Please look here for a more dedicated forum :

hth
Gys

news:52c09469.0503091140.3fe7a847 at posting.google.com...