Expressing a tpeptide

Emilie C.Emilie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 07:22:31 EST 2005

Following my problems at reamplifying a full-length candidate gene I
am interested in, my boss suggested to amplify only a "portion" [2.5
KB cDNA] of it, containing all the conserved regions, and giving up on
the 3'end which is not really conserved.
The PCR was successfull, and before moving on the cloning and
expression steps of the work, I was wondering if this approach was
likely to be succesfull. I thought it was necessary to have the
complete gene sequence for a good folding of the encoded protein, and
an active heterologous protein. Does anybody have experience in this
domain?