amino acid mixture

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at
Thu May 5 11:05:25 EST 2005

One method I've seen used is to combine the dry amino acids and ball
mill the mixture so that the particles are very fine, assuring that
even a small amount will be the uniform mixture you want. An
appropriate amount of the powder is then added directly to your media
when you are making it.

>Does anybody know a better way to make a 20 amino acid mixture?  I weighed
>each of them and combined them and autoclaved them, however, there is always
>something precipitating after a few days.  Thanks,

Please note new phone and fax numbers below

Michael L. Sullivan, Ph.D
Research Plant Molecular
U.S. Dairy Forage Research Center
1925 Linden Drive West