DNA elution from agarose-gel

Dirk Müller Kraweel at web.de
Fri May 13 02:48:11 EST 2005

We have a severe problem with eluting restircted DNA (10-15kb) from
agarose gel. We have already testet QiaexII, Genomic purification kit
from Promega, Gel elution colums from Microcon, and electroelution but
don't get more than 1-10 % of the initial DNA which is not enough for
downstream methods. Using electroelution we can elute the complete DNA
into the membrane(DEAE or hybond N/N+) but we can not elute the DNA
from the membrane in the elution buffer (15 min at 65°C in 2 M NaCl,
10 mM Tris/HCl pH 7 (pH 7-8), 1 mM EDTA). I would welcome any hints
from this news grout that  will will help with this problem.
thank you, Dirk...