DNA elution from agarose-gel

Dr. Hiranya S. Roychowdhury hroychow at nmsu.edu
Fri May 13 09:51:29 EST 2005

About a decade back, on the usenet groups, I had posted the modified method of
centrifugal extrusion of larger DNA pieces.  Type in my name and see if you can
find it.  Otherwise let me know again I will write it up once more.  I have
never seen a protocol uising HybondN for DNA re-elution, and I don't know that
you can do it from a +vly charged nylon; the interaction seems to be quite
strong.  I thought the DEAE membranes were not available anymore! However, 10-
15kb DNA will not elute out of even DEAE membrane at more than 30-50% recovery.

--
Hiranya S. Roychowdhury, Ph.D.
Coll. Asst. Professor,