Which layout software do you use for creating publication quality figures?

paul_wary at yahoo.com paul_wary at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 08:43:28 EST 2005

Hi,

This may not be directly a molecular biology question but nonetheless
most of you here have already had to deal with this I suppose. I am
familiar with the MS Office suite programs but do not have any
experience with DTP/layout software. For a publication I need to create
multi-part figures with some annotation (not the actual caption, which
will be on separate pages, just some basic graphics elements like
frames, arrows, and labels). The "problem" is that the output should
also be high quality (e.g. TIFF or EPS). Which software do you use for
this purpose or which software would you recommend?

Paul